Current Chair 2016-2017: Jack Zhao (email@example.com)
The Advocacy Committee works to resolve issues facing the graduate and professional student population by serving as a liaison between the student population and the administration, faculty, and various officers at Yale. The Student Advocate serves as the Chair of the Advocacy Committee.
The issues currently being addressed by the Advocacy Committee include, but are not limited to, security, transit, healthcare, dental insurance, student housing, and graduate student inclusion. Please visit the following pages for more details on the following advocacy issues:
- Dental and Eye Plan Program
- Gym Hours Proposal I and Proposal II
- Library Hours
- Mental Health
- Student Center
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
As always, we want to hear from you!
- Successful advocacy with GSA for the creation of the University-Wide Advocacy Committee on Graduate and Professional Student Housing.
- Successful advocacy for the creation of the Graduate and Professional Student Title IX Committee.
- Creation and administration of the GPSS Dental and Vision Plan.
- Participation in the Yale Health Plan’s Student Coverage Task Force with a particular focus on mental health issues.
- Collaboration with Yale Transit to adjust bus routes based on student needs. Specifically, members of the advocacy committee have worked to reduce transit time to East Rock and to re-direct bus routes around construction sites with the least disruption to students.
- Advocacy has successfully campaigned for increased security in East Rock and along the York Street corridor (around the Crown Street area). To address our concerns, increased lighting and a security booth are being placed at the latter site.
To Be Announced